Each of our GetMediation mediators is an outstanding and carefully chosen individual.
Each is fully qualified and accredited by the Civil Mediation Council and is insured for more than £1,000,000.
And each abides by our ethos and principles and follows the “Golden Rules” of mediation, which means:
- Confidentiality – anything that happens in the mediation is confidential
- All discussions that you have with the mediator in private stay private and confidential. Nothing is disclosed to the other participant without your permission
- Everything is “Without Prejudice” – which is a “lawyerly” way of saying that nothing said at the mediation can be referred to or brought up in any court case if the mediation ends without a settlement
- Everything is Voluntary – nobody is put under pressure, and any party can leave the mediation at any time is they wish to
- The Mediator is NOT a judge. Their role is to be a neutral facilitator to help both participants find a solution they can live with
- The Mediator doesn’t give either participant legal advice. Though your mediator my well be a lawyer outside the mediation room, inside it s/he is simply there to help you come to a workable solution to your dispute
- The Mediator will ask each participant challenging questions in the private meetings the aim of which is to help that participant see a way forward which they may not have previously seen and which will help them to find an overall solution
- There is never any binding agreement until it is written up at the end of the mediation and then signed by all parties to it
- All GetMediation mediators operate under the EU Code of Conduct for Mediators, and the terms of the GetMediation Mediation Agreement, which ensures:
o The competence and suitability of the mediator
o Independence and complete impartiality
o Correct process governing the mediation, settlement and mediation fees
o Absolute and complete confidentiality
We only offer the very best people in their fields as mediators at GetMediation – so you can go ahead with mediating your dispute in total confidence that you’re doing the right thing and that you’re doing it with the right people.